May 7, 2007

When A Woman That You Love Is Gone, She's Bombing East Japan

Now that all of the food is eaten, and pretty much everything is in boxes, I'm sitting on the floor of my room, my computer in my lap. I hate this part in between getting everything ready to go and actually going. I haven't said goodbye to the Black Glasses Brigade yet, and I wish I was in a better mood right now, but I'm feeling rather petulant and sad. I suppose that's the way it happens.

Anyway. The Let's Eat It party was a huge sucess. My friend Kristin described it as "overwhelming". Someone else described it as "drunk". Actually, I think a lot of us described it as drunk. I made pasta, and stir fry, and veggies, and rotel, and chicken. There was also a ton of chips and salsa. I boiled the bloodied ear of corn that Andy left, and when it was done, gleefully chomped on it.



It tasted like victory.

Anyway, we watched The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, which is an intentionally terrible 50's style sci-fi movie that is accompanied by an awesome drinking game, which we played. Seven of us drank about 30 beers, and after the movie was over, we slowly cleaned the kitchen and then spent about an hour laying on the floor, holding our stomachs and smiling. Here are some pictures of us, while we were still upright:





Anyway - I'd better get back to making those mix cds and putting the last of things in boxes. Next time I update, I'll be in Memphis, and hopefully in a better mood, and writing more like I'm thinking.

Have a great Monday!

we've got a lot, don't ever forget that,
Kerry

No comments: