May 25, 2007

There's A Kind of Hush

This may be totally wrong of me, but I find couples who fight in public to be quite intriguing. There's a couple in the coffee shop who have been fighting loudly on and off for the last half hour. It's a little weird. Did they have a conversation before they left their house that went something like this:

Dude: I'm so mad at you!
Chick: I want some coffee!
Both: Let's go fight at Otherlands!

Also ammusing was the church sign I saw on my way to have lunch with my mom. It was at a church that's notorious for sermon comedy gold. On Psalm Sunday, the sermon was titled "Jesus Said 'Bring Me That Ass'. Anyway, this week, the sign says "Sunday's Message: Gangbanging with the Lepers." I'm not even sure what that means. I have to believe that Jesus wouldn't want us to gangbang anyone. Are there even lepers in Memphis? Does the person who wrote that sign even know what gang banging is?

Anyway. Moving on.



I went downtown today to apply for some part time work so that I'll have both an income and something to do with myself. I applied at a clothing store, a coffee shop, and a restaurant. If I hear nothing by next Friday, I'm going to call them. I've worked in retail (I sold band instruments for a while in high school), but I've never been any sort of barista or waitress. With my ADD, I'm not so sure it's advisable. Anyway, I want to give it a shot, if for no other reason that it'll be entertaining for you to read about.

I also authored a brutally honest cover letter and sent it along with my resume to the West Memphis Evening Times. Hopefully, I'll hear back. If I can find a story in West Memphis, I can find one anywhere. I'd really enjoy the position, and I hope they email me back.

In other news, tonight is Trolley Tour night. Trolley Tour is pretty fun - riding the trolley is free, and all of the art galleries and shops in the South Main Arts district stay open late. They also serve free booze. Yay for free booze. It's a nice way to get some culture for very little cash, and I'm all about that. Plus, the people watching can't be beat. Tonight is also Karaoke night at the P&H. (Dude, it sounds like I live at the P&H - I swear I'm only there 1-3 nights a week. That's not so bad!)

Kristin is coming to Memphis this weekend because she can. I'm not sure what we're going to do, but I'll chronicle the whole thing in meticulous detail right here. In the meantime, I'm going to get off here and get this weekend started. But before I go - some upcoming features: My Weekend With Kristin! The Job Search Continues! Funny Vintage Photos of My Family!

Check back often.

Have a great holiday weekend!

interrobangin',
Kerry

No comments: