May 6, 2007

Fire It Up

First, and most importantly, I graduated from Ball State yesterday with my BS in Public Relations. Go Me!



After the ceremony, my family took me out for a super fancy graduation dinner at Steak'n'Shake. Actually, it was pretty awesome. Now that all is said and done, I don't really feel any different. Graduation is like any of those life experiences that are supposed to be feel big and completely altering. After I walked across that stage, I felt almost exactly the same as I had the day before. It hasn't hit me yet, and I don't think it will until I get settled into wherever it is I'll be working and living in Memphis.

Speaking of the move to Memphis, I'm almost completely packed. My desk left yesterday with my dad, so I'm sitting on the floor with my computer propped up on a rubbermade tub full of coat hangers and other miscellany. Tonight, I'm having people over for a Let's Eat It party. It's pretty much exactly what it sounds like - we're going to eat all of the wayward food that I don't want to bother getting home. Everything must go - the half boxes of pasta, the apples, the donut holes, the half block of velveeta. We'll be washing it all down with beer and whiskey, because of that pesky open container law.

I'm also going to be cooking a very special ear of corn. It's a well known fact among my friends that I'm terrified of corn. Not like, corn in the grocery store, but corn in the wild. Cornfields are where scary things, like murders and alien abductions happen. Despite the fact that I've lived in Indiana for four years, I've never really gotten over that. Today, while I was busy trying to get salsa stains out of my carpet, Colin came into my room with a big white box with a tag bearing my name on it. A little confused, I opened the box to find this:

DSC_2498

Colin and I sat there, mystified, our fingers covered in still-wet red ink, trying to figure out exactly where this awesome thing came from. Some phone calls later, we found out it was from my wonderful artist friend Andy, who dropped it at my back door unibomber style. It was apparently comedy gold, and I'm sorry I missed it.

Anyway, I feel like we need to engage in the ritual sacrifice of this ink-stained ear of Indiana. There will be photos tomorrow, of course.

I'd better get to showering, though. I've got to figure out exactly what to make out of all of this food.

we've got everything,
Kerry

No comments: