May 9, 2007

The Girl Who Moved

Greetings from sunny, blue-skied, humid-as-hell Memphis!

I survived my move, and my belongings are now scattered through the city I grew up in. Some are at my dad's, more are at my mom's, and the one box labeled "Open Now" is with me at Colin's. Though, I realised that maybe I made an error in packing judgement with the Open Now box. Sure, there are some things in there (shoes, hair straightener, ect.), but there are also lots of things in that box that I don't need immediate access to. It's ok, though. I think I've got everything I'll need for a while.

Last night, after our long, long drive back to Memphis and about an hour of fun unloading the car at my mom's house, Colin and I got home. We got to the door, and it was unlocked, which, in Midtown, is not really the best sign. Colin said something about the guy who was housesitting for him maybe being there, but we walked in, and there was no one in the kitchen. There was, however, a table full of food. I was quite confused, until all of my Memphis friends jumped out of the living room and yelled "congratulations". And I really had no idea that any of this was being planned, so it was quite the happy surprise.

But now I'm here, and I'm here for good. It feels a little surreal. I have my second interview at an advertising agency tomorrow, and I'm not really nervous about it. I just keep trying to tell myself that I'm going to get a job, I'm going to get a job. Colin got up early this morning and took my suit to the cleaners, so at least I'll look pretty. If you've got any good vibes to spare, please send them to me tomorrow morning. I could really use some employment.

Even though the first interview went swimmingly, and they seemed quite excited to talk to me again, I'm still a little nervous that something has changed over the last month, and that they won't want me tomorrow. Let's hope that's not the case.

I'll post an update tomorrow. For the time being, I'm going to buy groceries, and then enjoy the new rear wheel basket that Colin installed on my bike this morning.

Oh, by the way - if you see Andybond, he's moving to Memphis to work at http://www.livefrommemphis.com this summer. Wish him well.

crash and burn,
Kerry

No comments: