May 12, 2007

There's A Real Difference of Opinion Here

Wow, I'm out of shape. I rode my bike up to a coffee shop this morning , and though I was fine on the way there, I was really out of breath on the way back. It was only four blocks! I guess I'll get more used to it - with gas prices what they are, I'm trying to drive as little as possible.

I'm also trying not to drive as much because, well, I'm trying to keep what little money I have. Though my interview went well, it's likely going to be a few weeks before I hear anything back from them. If they want me, I'm going to take the job. I think I'll be an excellent fit there, and though I won't be paid very well my first year, I'll still be able to get by. Besides - I'm young. I've got very little responsibility, other than to myself, and I'm not ready to sacrifice having a job that I enjoy for a larger paycheck.

The other night, I had dreams about being a waitress at The Arcade, which is a diner downtown. It wasn't so bad (at least in the dream). That may be an option.

Sorry if I'm being a little crappy about this. I'm just nervous about hearing back from this interview, and I want to have a back up plan in case it doesn't work out. Because really, with my ADD, I don't think I'd be a very good waitress.

In non Big Memphis Freakout news, I got asked to DJ a house party tonight. It's going to be a lot of people that I don't know who are also much cooler than me. I've got my playlists together, and it should be a pretty great time. It won't be the same without the Black Glasses Brigade, but nothing is.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Stay tuned Monday for another exciting intsallment of Formally Trained. Will our heroine be able to bring herself to cross the busiest street in Midtown on her bike? Will the job interview people ever call her back? Will the hipsters like it if she plays "Apache" tonight?

These stories and more - Monday!

I know a girl who's a natural dancer,
Kerry

4 comments:

Trent said...

Sister Mother Mary Trent here says that he misses you terribly!!!! I read your blog entries and go, man it could have ben me forgetting to update these. I love you and miss you. I'm sure your saying... I know right. By the way, in case you didn't read my last LJ entry you need to. Most of it was directed towards you.. (the graduation one).

Remember not to smear your make-up,
Trent

K said...

I agree with Sister Mother Mary Trenton. Indiana is much more boring now.
Also, you've now got my father using the term "black glasses brigade" left and right. It in fact doesn't make him cooler.
2 questions. What was that music blog site from which you download your mp3s? And if you were to recommend a John Vanderslice album, which would it be?
Alles klar, herr Kommissar,
Dorsey

fornow said...

lol @ trent commenting when he's sooooooo against comments on blogs.

K-Craw- I got a puppy! Soooo cute.

I have to be a grownup tomorrow. Sooooooo not cute. :/

Trent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.