May 23, 2007

The Long Awaited Photographic Evidence of The Beer Hunting









So, there we are, in the woods. Kristin took all of those photos, and there are more of the actual hunting on my camera, which is, well, elsewhere.

In other news, I had an interview at a nursing home today. The job was a marketing assistant position that was currently being occupied by an elderly woman named Maudie. I wasn't too interested in the position, but they overly tan woman who interviewed me is going to pass my resume on to the PR department.

This nursing home was like...woah. It was nothing like any other nursing home I've ever been to. The lobby was huge, with a ginormous glittering chandelier and crazy floral patterns on every available surface. There are apartments, and townhomes, and a nursing home. Apparently, it's where the Memphis elite go to retire. It was pretty impressive.

Despite hearing back from the PR position that I had originally wanted and finding out that they couldn't hire me, I'm feeling a little better about my job search. There's a chance I can still get in at this agency but in a slightly different capacity. I don't really want to say too much. So, let's talk about other things instead.

We played P&H trivia last night, and we tied for fourth. It was a little strange, though, because right before the game started, several kids that I marched with in high school showed up. They were all freshmen and sophomores when I was a senior, which means that they were entirely too young to be in a bar. And it's always strange to run into people that you went to high school with, but its even stranger when they show up in midtown, looking older than you.

Anyway - my mom and Kevin and I are going to have a fun family dinner. I'll be back tomorrow.

eat your weevils,
Kerry

No comments: