Jul 1, 2007

Had I Witnessed A Live Birth, I Would Have Seen It All

I was going to start this blog seriously (as yesterday was a pretty serious day), but in my ADD, I checked CNN.com instead. Firstly, they've done a re-design, and it looks pretty good. It's a little more simple, and the stories have more space. I scanned the headlines, and this one jumped out at me: "Man Pummels Vampire Peacock."

Right. Anyway. Moving on.

Yesterday, I attended Kylen's funeral. He was a kid I was in band with in high school. He died in a car wreck while turning out of the neighborhood that I grew up in. He was 22, like me. And I know funerals aren't supposed to be in any way happy, but y'all, this was the saddest funeral I've ever been to. It's always harder to lose someone who's so young. A lot of the people I marched with were there - it was the first time I had seen so many band parents since senior year. Steven was there, and it was good to see him, even under such sad circumstances.

After the funeral, I went to the wedding of a childhood friend that lived on the corner where Kylen was killed. She married the guy she's been with for seven years. It was lovely cerermony, but I was unable to attend the reception because it was raining so hard on the walk back to my car that my skirt was soaked and stuck to my legs.

In other news, Colin has gone on tour with the Antique Curtains. He called me last night from a merch table in Asheville. Which I just accidentally typed as "Assville." Having only been there once, I can't make that judgement call.

My Grown Up Job is going well. At least, I think it is. I'm really not sure how I'm doing, other than that I'm feeling more comfortable by the day. Strangely enough, I'm also realising how useful some of that stuff that I learned in school was. So yeah - go team.

Tonight is the fourth installment of Civil War Drinking Game, and I've been meaning to post pictures here for weeks and haven't managed to take a single one. Today, I will. And I'll post them. And you'll like it. If you're in Memphis and want to play, let me know. In the meantime, I'll be getting my playlists together for Thursday and maybe going thrift shopping.

That is, if I can find the will to put clothes on.

Have a great Sunday!

stubborness breaks hearts,
Kerry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to blog about that peacock news story myself. Story of the year if you ask me. I makes me fear New York Burger King parking lots.