Jul 4, 2007

I Don't Wanna Dance With Your Shaddow No More

This is really strange - as I type in blogger, the "Save Now" button is getting longer. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be doing that or not. Regardless, it's kind of cool.

Happy Fourth, everyone. I haven't really done anything terribly patriotic today, save for listen to a few people shoot fireworks off across the street. People get really into fireworks here, even though technically, they're not allowed within the city limits. The Fourth of July, like New Year's Eve is a great time to play one of the favorite games of Memphians - "Fireworks or Gunshots?"

I've been celebrating my independence in my usual sedate fashion. I slept in, ate cookies, had lunch with my mom, and went to a small cook out at Linsey and Eric's. It's possible that I'm trying to save all of my rambunctiousness for tomorrow, when I DJ at Printer's Alley (Shameless plug - it's at 10 p.m., and you should totally be there). I went last night to make sure I had the right cables and such, and there was a very very tall guy DJ-ing with cds and a big fancy set up. He was like Attack of the Nine Foot Tall Hipster. I can't promise that I'll be especially hip, but I will be playing some damn good music. I think my mom will be there, too, so if you only read my blogs to hear about the antics of my mother, you should come out and meet her.

Right now, I'm sitting at my house, listening to my playlists for tomorrow, and wondering if I should go out, or just stay here for now. I think "stay here" is winning.

As settled as I am, I'm still a little lonely. I have friends, and my work, and all of that, but I dearly miss the people that I befriended in college. I miss how comfortable I was around them, how many great ideas we had, how free I felt. A lot of this is coming from the fact that I'm not quite comfortable here yet. It'll get better with time, I know.

In other news, I talked to Dorsey today, and she told me that her dad still reads my blog. Hi Mike!

I have this little container of Mango Sour Altoids on my desk, and I keep reaching over and eating them, trying to decide if they're nasty or not. I'm bordering on not, just because I keep eating them.

Anyway. If you're in Memphis, you should come to Printer's Alley tomorrow. I'll be playing records, maybe doing a little dancing, and generally kicking ass, because I'm off on Friday.

Sparks and fireworks,
Kerry

No comments: