Jun 15, 2007

Welcome To The Old Apartment

Sorry I haven't really updated this week. It's been a little hectic. On Tuesday afternoon, I went to look at an apartment near Overton Square, and I fell in love with it. It was really big for a one bedroom in Midtown, and very affordable. I filled out my application, and on Wednesday afternoon, the leasing office called to tell me I had gotten the apartment. I spent all of yesterday moving, and I'm still not quite unpacked. It was nice to finally get to open all of the boxes that I packed two months ago.

With moving also came one of the biggest, most expensive trips to Target of my young life. I'm now the owner of some very nice new appliances and bedding, though.



Colin, Jamie, and my mom drove a lot of the bigger things that wouldn't fit into the back of the Fightin' Focus. Linsey and Eric walked over to help get things into the house. I'm on the second floor of my building, and though it wasn't bad moving some of the smaller boxes, there was almost a disaster with my antique china cabinet. I don't have many pictures yet, but I'm going to take some more once I get everything properly situated.





So, to recap, somehow in the last week, I've become a functional adult. I have a car, and an apartment, and a job. I have a power bill. I have a toaster oven and lots of button down shirts. I don't really feel any different, which I suppose is probably a good thing. A few months ago, in the Ball Bearings office, Trent took an informal office poll to see who thought I would ever be a grown up. It was unanimously decided that it would never happen. I'm not sure if this counts or not.

Wednesday was Andy's birthday, so Colin and I took him out for some delicious cheesecake from Cheesecake Corner and a run through the Bum Wash. The Bum Wash doesn't wash butts, but it does function as a chlorinated public shower for lots of downtown's homeless. It's also really fun to run through. I don't have any pictures of the three of us splashing around, but I wish I did. Afterwards, Colin and Andy took their shirts off in my car so that they would be less soggy. We were almost back to Colin's house when we caught two frat boy looking dudes in a car with a W sticker on the back laughing at us. It wasn't mean laughing, it was more like they felt some sense of camraderie with the soggy girl and two shirtless boys. It made us laugh, too.

The aftermath:



Anyway. I need to find a putty knife and get back to my apartment. The combination of humidity and new paint made my cabinet doors stick together. Later this weekend or possibly Monday, expect thrilling tales of the Lil' Film Festival and Memphis Roller Derby. There will also likely be pictures of my furnished goodness.

up the stairs,
Kerry

2 comments:

fornow said...

This is so exciting! Teach me how to be a grownup.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the new digs mang!