Jun 17, 2007

I May as Well Get a Job at Target

I've been to Target three times in the last four days. As much as I love Target, that seems a little excessive. It's amazing the things that I didn't have. Like a bottle opener, or a sharp knife.

Anyway, I'm pretty much all moved in now. I still need to get a slipcover for my couch and have two of my chairs reupholstered, but that all has to wait until I get a paycheck. Here's what it looks like:










Who wants to come visit?

In other news, Colin, Andy and I went to watch a Memphis Roller Derby double header. It was really awesome, and when I get paid, I think I'm going to get some skates and start going to the MRD open skate nights and learning how to play in the hopes that eventually, I'll feel comfortable enough to try out for the team. Most of the girls seemed pretty cool. The league seems to have concentrated all of the scariest girls onto one team. One or two looked like they may have joined roller derby not for the team sport aspect, but for the fact that they had agression issues. They faced off against a team of cute girls in pink shirts. Needless to say, the girls in the pink shirts got their asses kicked. I've already got some names picked out, but I don't quite want to share them yet.

I start my job tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited about it, mostly for the fact that I'll have something to do during the day. Tomorrow will probably consist of filling out all sorts of forms and reading the handbook and such, but I'm still excited about getting up, getting dressed, and going to work. The whole grown-up thing is starting to feel right, and that makes me happy.

Tomorrow (or maybe Tuesday), I'll have a First Day of Work post. Yay!

gotta go to work, gotta go to work, gotta have a job,
Kerry

6 comments:

Rachel said...

GOOD LUCK LOVE! I miss you! Your apartment is so...you.

Oh and p.s. Don't play with those mean girls. I don't think it's a good idea. :(

fornow said...

oooh, I want to come visit!

Email me your new address- I want to mail you stuff!

Anonymous said...

You definitely need to be a roller derby ass-kicker. I got a sneak preview of your name ideas. I enjoyed.

Anonymous said...

ps.
where did you get that shower curtain. its great.

Anonymous said...

not all derby girls are mean. :) promise.

fornow said...

Dear K-Craw,
Update your blog.

~k.sart


PS- My brother burned me a bunch of belle and sebastian. I might have ALL of it now! :)