Jun 3, 2007

Protecting My Head and My Reputation

Call me dorky or whatever, but I'm about to buy the coolest bike/roller derby helmet ever. After a friend of mine's dad got in an accident last week, I decided that maybe it was time to invest in a cool helmet. That, and some of the people who drive in Memphis treat bikers like target practice. I just need to figure out what size my head is so that I can order it.

Sorry I haven't been around much this week. After the unfortunate foamy accident of last Tuesday, it was a busy week. The newspaper called me on Wednesday to offer me a paid internship at their website. I start in about a week, and it'll last through August. Following that, I'll have to find a real job. This internship is for a job that's pretty much my dream - I'll be working on a website, taking pictures, working on stories, possibly blogging, and learning a whole lot. I start in about a week, and I couldn't be more excited.

Other than that, my week was filled with such good times as locking myself out of my dad's house for 2 hours (with no shoes on), drinking with Zach, and buying work clothes. Buying decent clothes for work was hard - everything I liked was too expensive, and everything else was either too casual or too ugly. It's as if designers forget that during the summer, people still have to go to work. Maybe you can go to work in shorts and halter tops, but I don't think I can.

Last night, Colin and I (along with assorted friends) went to see Knocked Up. I liked it just as much, if not slightly more, than "40 Year Old Virgin". Maybe it's just because I think that Seth Rogen is dreamy. Anyway, the movie was funny, and I highly reccomend it.

I'd better get going, though. I need to leave the coffee shop and go home. We're cleaning up the house so that we can host the first installment of the Ken Burns Civil War drinking game. There are rules, and they are complicated, and I'll post pictures of it soon.

Have a great Sunday, everyone!

maintaining my sexy,
Kerry

2 comments:

Trent said...

Oh I cannot wait to see the pictures and I want rules also... I must have rules!!!

Anonymous said...

A Ken Burns Civil War drinking game sounds dreamy.