Aug 12, 2007

Nobody Stands Between Me and My Man

Does anyone else ever have those days when you're working, or reading, or watching lots of CNN video on the internet and it just doesn't occur to you to turn any lights on? I always wonder why my MLGW bill is so low, and I really think it's because half the time, I forget to turn my lights on. Maybe it's some sort of inner Al Gore quietly whispering that I don't need to be able to clearly see in the living room if I'm sitting at the kitchen table.

I went out last night with one of my friends, and we met up with some other people, and the night stretched into this morning, and next thing I knew, I was up at Barksdale's eating breakfast with one of the kids from Red Hot Lindy Hop.

Yesterday, I also went to the gym, and I did more crunches that should probably be legal. Who invented the crunch? Why is it so aptly named? My abs feel like an aluminum can that's been run crushed on the forehead of a rather large man with a beer gut. If I keep up the crunches, my own small beer gut will soon be replaced with actual muscles. I've never considered myself to be athletic, or to even really care what I looked like, as long as I was eating healthily and happy with myself. And it's not that I care about that now, but the act of going to the gym just feels really good.


Speaking of cans, my mom saw an armadillo in her back yard the other day. Alive. Like, running around. I was always under the impression that armadillos sprouted from the pavement at the shoulders of interstates on their backs, little legs sticking out of their tin can bodies, already dead. I'm also a little concerned that there are armadillos in Memphis. My mom's back yard isn't exactly the interstate, so I'm not sure what the little dude was doing so far from home.

While I was out at my mom's yesterday, we started watching the family videos that Andybond had put onto DVD for us. I watched myself, at age three, run around the house, constantly talking, often with no pants on. Even though I couldn't physically dress myself, my mom started letting me pick out my own outfits at a very young age, and I had some very interesting ideas about what matched. Between my incessant talking and running around and questioning everything, it's a wonder my mother survived. It's also a wonder my parents didn't realise that I had ADD until I was 14.


whenever you want your direction to switch,
Kerry

No comments: