Aug 19, 2007

And The Good News Is

The other night, I met a dude while I was out with some friends. The dude works in a medical research lab in a hospital, so he deals with biohazards. He told me that recently, he had been trying to find a cure for ferrets infected with bird flu. Thus, we shall call him the Ferret Wrangler.

So the Ferret Wrangler and I start hanging out. Tuesday, I called him as I was leaving work to see if he wanted to have dinner with me. He had told me that he had a really bad day at work on Monday, but was feeling better and wanted to hang out. I went to his house to collect him, and things were going fine. That is, until he stopped me and said, "I have something kinda serious I need to talk to you about."

This being the third time we had hung out, I was a little concerned. He continued..."So, the reason I had such a bad day at work Monday was because there's the tiniest of tiny chances that I may have, uh, contracted the bird flu."

He went on to explain that one of the filters on his respirator had come off, and as soon as he noticed, he got out of the room and got some medical attentions. Then he goes on to say:

"So, um, I asked pretty much every doctor I could find if I was going to be alright, and they said I was. So, then I told them that I was supposed to hang out with a girl, and didn't want to give her bird flu. So, um, I just thought I should let you know. You do have health insurance, right?"


The good news is, it's Sunday, and I'm bird flu negative.

And I just typed "Sunday" as "Stunday". Right.

God, why am I so awkward?


number one stunna,
Kerry

2 comments:

fornow said...

"so...what's proper protocol when the FW you've been hanging out with tells you that there is the tiniest of tiny chances that he may have accidentally contracted bird flu, but not to worry, because the St. Jude docs checked him out, and he's probably ok, but do I have health insurance?"

~Kerry


pure. comedic. gold.

Anonymous said...

hooray for not having bird flu. Actually, I don't even know if I believe in bird flu.