Aug 6, 2007

And If It's Quite Alright, I Need You Baby

I've had the Frankie Valli song "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" stuck in my head all day. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal - I always have some song stuck in my head. The problem with this particular song is that I feel compelled to sing it out loud, with hand motions. Jazz hands, in particular. Because of this, it's now stuck in Kristin's head, too.

This comes after last night when I couldn't sleep because I had that Lordi song from the last entry stuck in my head.

Last night was pretty awesome, though - Kristin (who's in town for a few days) and Andy (his last night in town) spent the night, and we had a little slumber party. We watched "Mean Girls" and "Little Miss Sunshine", and threatened to give Andy a make-over and play Truth or Dare.




After the movies, Kristin went to bed, and Andy and I stayed up chatting and giggling (that was mostly me) about really stupid things (like Lordi). I could not get to sleep - I tried almost everything. Kristin was asleep on my futon, so I couldn't do the Simon & Garfunkel Sleep Aid. Instead, I took a Tylenol PM, which didn't work either. As a result, getting up and being a functional employee this morning was a little difficult.





It was also difficult to say goodbye to Andy. He's one of my best friends, and though I know his last semester will be brilliant, it's still a shame that I can't call him for a beer or a drive, or when I need a Himmler for my cockroach holocaust.

After I got home from work today, Colin and I went to the gym for the second time. It's going pretty well - I ran on the treadmill, rode the bike, and did some weights. I've been feeling it the next day, so I know I'm doing something. Weirdly enough, I'm kind of enjoying it. I was in an absolutely wretched mood this afternoon, and after I worked out, I felt worlds better. I'm not sure when the results will be visible. I'm actually a little scared - I want to firm up a bit, sure, but I don't want to look like Lady Rambo (or Rambette). I've grown to like my foodbaby, and I'm not sure I'm ready to lose it. I've been told it's cute.


In other news, today's entry is the first one from my brand new MacBook! It's quite the sexy computing machine, and though I haven't had a lot of time to play with it yet, I'm sure it will be soon. In the meantime, though, I have to get to bed. Tonight, I'm going to sleep like a...sleeping thing.


all we need is lightning,
Kerry

3 comments:

Secret Asian Man said...

Watch Heath Ledger sing the song "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" in the movie "10 Things I Hate About You". Simply splendid!

Anonymous said...

initiator need apis peer grassroots neut concretly faiths aminor financeand affects
servimundos melifermuly

Anonymous said...

entrants italy fetoprotein undervalued deptt drillhole realistic sustained ascertain robin citizen
servimundos melifermuly