Jan 13, 2008

And I Always Say "I love you" When I Mean "Turn Out the Lights"

Since about mid-November, it seems like every weekend involves some sort of small home improvement. I'm not sure if it's the back issues of Readymade and Blueprint that I have, or if my desire to nest has finally kicked in but lately, I've been intent on making my small rental feel even cozier. I bought a throw blanket and cilantro scented candles. I went to Pier One. I think someone needs to stage an intervention. But before you do that, take a look at my fancy kitchen mood lighting:

DSC_3750

In other news, I was supposed to go dancing at the Blue Worm (or, the club formerly known as the Blue Worm) last night with some of the Red Hot Lindy Hop people. I had looked forward to coming back and blogging about my exciting night of blues dancing in Orange Mound. I had never been to the Blue Worm, and I was hoping that it would be kind of like my other favorite juke joint, Wild Bill's, but with a little more room to dance.

So, with visions of raffles for bottles of Canadian Club and dancing to some pure Memphis blues playing out in my head, I got myself looking pretty and met up with everyone at Cory's house. We got into cars, a caravan was formed, and no sooner had I rounded the block than a call was made to come back to the house. Some brave person who had gone before said that there was nothing going on - no band, no DJ, nothing. Instead, furniture was shifted, drinks were poured, and we danced in Cory's living room to an iPod.

I'm hoping we'll try to go to the Blue Worm again soon, though. I've heard good things, and I want to find out if this mythical nice dance floor of hearsay is for real.


hopes have been dashed,
Kerry

No comments: