Sep 18, 2007

Sometimes, an On/Off Switch Would Sure Come In Handy

Weirdly enough, it's still sort of feeling like fall in Memphis. Fall is always a problem for me. I love it - love watching the leaves change, love feeling the need to wear a hoodie, love sleeping with the windows open (except on Saturday nights, when my little apartment is filled with the sounds of airplanes, dairy, and the aural thrills that the local gay bar provides). Fall is also problematic because it makes me want two things (ok, three): to buy new records, to fall in love, and to drink whiskey ciders. Unfortunately, I'm broke and falling in love is the last thing I need right now. The whiskey ciders are fine, though.

Saturday, I went to the annual Cooper-Young Festival. It's not so much a festival as a big drunken street party with vendors, though. I arrived around noon, was handed a can of High Life, and started walking around, shopping for vintage clothing with Karen. It's impossible to park at this thing, so I had biked to a friend's house and then walked from there. CY Fest is such an insane thing - there are bands, and corndogs, and people you haven't seen in years. After, there are usually parties of some kind.

After all of that excitement, I felt the need to stay in bed for a good portion of Sunday, and then spend the rest of it reading the NYT and being a record dork.

In other news, nothing has really been happening. I go to work daily, go dancing twice a week, and fight the urge to be horribly boring in the meantime. I think that's what being an adult is like, unfortunately.

So, I'm looking for suggestions. What do you want me to do and subsequently, write about? What do you think I should try? Let me know - no suggestion is too ridiculous.

making a mess,
Kerry


Ps - Partner Dancing is the new black (photos from Red Hot Lindy Hop:



No comments: